Saturday, November 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
check out this AWESOME giveaway!!! fun, fun, fun!!!
I'm sorry I haven't been around lately... I have ALOT to catch up on!!!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
PLEASE PLEASE check out this AMAZING blog!!
not only is there GREAT info about cat rescue (something close to my heart)
BUT, there is the cutest kitty doll that you NEED to see!!!
(and a blog giveaway!! BONUS!!)
I bought a small stash of yarn from ebay a while back.. from someone destashing, and got this amazing Moda Dea yarn... I finally decided I needed to make a hat for the shower with it... it is sooo wonderful to touch!!
I wanted to take a picture of it, but, kept looking for how to display it... Then, I saw my cat sitting on the back of the couch, staring out the window at the Eastern Fox Squirrel that visits our Pecan tree every day...
AHA!!! perfect, I'll have my cat model the hat. :o)
I LOVE This picture!!!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
I love favecrafts.com!! they have great ideas there!! definitely check out the giveaway... BUT, check out the other wonderful things on their site too... there is definitely something for everyone!! I have spent WAY too long on there many times!!! LOL
Monday, July 6, 2009
There are some amazingly talented people there!!
Check out the shop I came across today... specifically this COOL Java Steam bag..
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
in my never ending quest to eat healthier and lose a few pounds.... I found this great list of healthy and low calorie snack foods....I thought I'd post it here as a reminder for myself.... and if it helps any of you... BONUS!!!! :o)
30 healthy picks
Great snacks with less than 200 calories
- 5 olives (any kind) (45 calories)
- 1 small Martin's pretzel (50 calories)
- 2 oz Applegate Honey and Maple Turkey Breast wrapped around 2 bread-and-butter pickles (80 calories)
- 1/4 cup hummus, 3 carrot sticks (80 calories)
- 1 Laughing Cow Light Swiss Original wedge, 3 pieces Kavli Crispy Thin (85 calories)
- One 1-oz package tuna jerky (90 calories)
- 1 oz buffalo mozzarella, 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (94 calories)
- 1 bag Baked! Cheetos 100 Calorie Mini Bites (100 calories)
- 15 Eden's Nori Maki Crackers rice crackers (110 calories)
- 1 cup unshelled edamame (120 calories)
- 50 Eden's Vegetable Chips (130 calories)
- One 1-oz package of Planters NUT-trition almonds (130 calories)
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's Chili con Queso, 18 baked tortilla chips (140 calories)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds in shell (143 calories)
- 2 pieces (30 grams) prosciutto, 4 dried figs (154 calories)
- 1 Subway Turkey Breast Wrap (190 calories)
- 1 package Original Apple Nature Valley Fruit Crisps (50 calories)
- 1 packet O'Coco's Mocha cookies (90 calories)
- 1 Jelly Belly 100-calorie pack (100 calories)
- One 100-calorie pack Trader Joe's Chocolate Graham Toucan Cookies (100 calories)
- One 100-calorie Balance Bar (100 calories)
- 1 Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino bar (120 calories)
- 1 package Back to Nature Honey Graham Sticks (120 calories)
- 1/2 banana rolled in 1 tbsp frozen semisweet chocolate chips (123 calories)
- 2 tbsp Better 'n Peanut Butter, 4 stalks celery (124 calories)
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop Butter Mini Bags topped with a spritz of butter spray and 1 tsp sugar (126 calories)
- 24 Annie's Chocolate Chip Bunny Graham cookies (140 calories)
- Half of a 1.08-oz container of M&M's Minis mixed with 1/3 cup lowfat granola (145 calories)
- 1 McDonald's Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait (160 calories)
- 1 container Fage Greek Total 2% fat yogurt, 2 tsp honey (173 calories)
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
The theme for this week’s Ten on Tuesday is a fantastic one. 10 Favorite Things to do During “Me” Time. from http://caroleknits.net
2. watch Rachael Ray (9am every day!!) (and I usually knit while I'm watching. hehe)
4. I know this sounds funny for a 31 y/o... but I LOVE visiting all the antique shops in the area. I think I've been to all of them now... and I visit them often!! I enjoy it so much. I LOVE antiques!!! (I think I get it from my mom!!)
5. Read. I'm building up quite the library!! :) and my kids are too.
6. Facebook!!! - I've gotten back in touch with friends from high school.. and family members I don't get to talk to often, and some I haven't seen in YEARS!! I LOVE Facebook!!!!
7. lay on the beach
9. get out to a coffee shop... (any, really, but Dunkin Donuts is my FAVE) and enjoy a coffee to myself... with 3 kids (10, 9 and 5) quiet times to myself are few and far between... and coffee is a MUST!!! :)
10. Take Pictures - I've been saying for years... I'd love to have a little side "job" taking pictures and putting my pictures on the front of note cards and selling them!!
How about you? What do you do with your “me time”?
I LOVE ETSY!!!!
unfortunately I spent ALOT more money than I make on Etsy!!
Does anyone else have an Etsy shop??
please feel free to post a link to your shop, I'd love to stop by your shop and see what you have!!
and let me know what you think about my items!!!
anything you think I should add to my "line-up"???
Thanks for your input!!!
have a great week!!!!!
Celebrating ONE year of Blogging
Take a moment to head over to say CONGRATS or Happy Blogiversary, etc.
Happy Blogiversary, Jean!!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
here's another project I have going on... this one is crochet.
It is going to be so interesting. I am crocheting it in a really interesting yarn called CUPCAKE. The project is called the "Unsquared Afghan" What a neat idea... rather than Granny Squares.. they are circles that will be attached together. I can't wait until it's done!!
I just started it last week. This is my progress so far.
So, my daughter and I are knitting an afghan together... I taught her how to make facecloths/dishcloths first... and she made one all on her own. Then she went on to make a wristband. Then she started a cell phone purse (which I finished.) Then we decided to make an afghan together. We went to a GREAT yarn store in Charlotte when we had a GIRLS DAY, and she picked out some INCREDIBLE cotton yarn called Cotton Fleece. She picked out her colors (all pastels, since those are the colors in her room) and we are making squares on the diagonal ( from the facecloth pattern) when we are done, we will sew them all together. Our first project TOGETHER. The picture is our progress so far.
I'm just more LADY-Like about it... lol, so I had to find a different cozy for my beer... I finally came across the PERFECT pattern for MY COZY!! A BEER CORSET!! I love it!!!
I'll definitely have to make a few more of these.. in different colors.. maybe they'll end up being gifts, who knows. I just know I love to dress up my beer. LOL
After one failed attempt, I came up with this one... but, he doesn't like it all that much, b/c there isn't a bottom to it, and he says it keeps falling out of the bottom... UGH. I'll have to come up with something else.
so... I've been making my own soap for a while now... now that I've been knitting/crocheting alot, I thought... why not make a soap saver bag for my soaps?!?!
I searched quite a while for JUST the RIGHT pattern... The Chinese Wave!!
I LOVE IT!!
I had some great bamboo yarn in my stash, thought it would be perfect for the bags.
I made my first one last night while watching TV (had to take a break for dinner). here is the finished product. I'm sure I'll make another one (or two) tonight. I just love the pattern, and the finished product. What a GREAT gift idea!!!
Friday, May 22, 2009
I really have no idea what I'm doing with this blog thing... YES, I'm a little behind.. LOL so bear with me.. and PLEASE.. if you have any tips, tricks, ideas for me.. feel free to share them with me!!
I've got to take this as I go, little by little... I do things best that way.
I've got lots of things going on right now... maybe this will help me keep track of them. If I can sort of make myself a check off list on here, and check them off as I go.. maybe I'll be more motivated to get them done!! (cause, lately, for some reason, I haven't been. GRRRR) :(
I titled my blog.. "A little bit of this, and a little bit of that" b/c it seems that's the story of my life... it's always a buffet of things.. even with my hobbies. you should see my craft closet!! LOL. just a whole bunch of "A little bit of this and a little bit of that"!!! But, it keeps things interesting, I guess. I just wish it could be more ORGANIZED!!!!
well... maybe I'll end this with my most recent TO DO list.
1. finish organizing kitchen
2. organize craft closet
3. scrub bathrooms
4. fix computer
5. list items on BluJay/Craigslist/Etsy
6. go through kids clothes and separate ALL that are outgrown
7. go through my clothes and find all that are unwanted
8. Shampoo carpets
9. Clean computer desk and side table next to it
10. take a whole day and spend it playing at the park with family